The faculty and staff at Washington Elementary School will collaboratively create a nurturing environment, respect and value each individual, and expect academic excellence as evidenced by:
- Students fully engaged by curiosity and inspired by diverse, real world learning opportunities that transfer learning beyond our school boundaries;
- Students guided by thoughtful and ambitious teaching that ignites questions, goals, and discourse;
- Students empowered and self-motivated to be involved in their community;
- Students demonstrating acceptance and compassion;
- Students communicating their social, emotional and academic needs;
- Students displaying healthy relationships among peers and adults; and
- Students advocating for themselves and others.
- Teachers utilizing collaborative and individual planning time to plan rigorous content for our students;
- Teachers engaging in ongoing differentiated professional learning with a team of peers, instructional design staff, and administrators;
- Teachers applying skills learned in professional development;
- Teachers demonstrating the power of relationships by incorporating Positive Discipline into their daily practices; and
- Teachers using informal and formal data to drive instruction.
- School demonstrating supportive environments and community partnerships with resources to create a collaborative learning community;
- School providing a safe place where the facility is updated and well maintained to be aesthetically pleasing to and respected by students, staff, and visitors; and
- School and technology support a learning environment where students and staff explore and investigate an engaging curriculum.
- Families joining together with teachers to develop a positive relationship;
- Families actively engaging in student events and conferences to guide the success of their child’s journey toward continuing education;
- Families reading, reviewing and responding to consistent communication from school and teachers; and
- Families supporting the classroom and school by sharing their time, expertise, and experiences.